• November 10Interact Club meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the Month
  • November 10Calliope meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday in the Library
  • November 10Anime Club meets every Tuesday and Thursday after school
The student news site of Alton High School

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Flock Introduces New Residents As Season Begins

Bartender Jacob Trojan at the Flock makes a drink.

Alton’s family-friendly food truck station, The Flock, welcomes permanent food trucks to their business. 

The Flock opened for business in the summer of 2022. The company’s owner, Jayne Simmons, had dreamed of the business for many years and officially began work for it with the help of her family and friends. The goal of the business was to create a warm environment for family and friends to meet and enjoy the downtown area. The business is set up next door to the Jacoby Art Center, in the heart of downtown Alton. 

The Flock offers a permanent bar for patrons to enjoy and different food trucks for every night. However, as their 2024 seasons begin, they have introduced two food trucks as permanent members of their business. 

The two new trucks featured are Byrdie, which offers a variety of different dishes such as salads, loaded fries or wraps, and Space Shuttle Cafe, which offers a wide range of sandwiches and sides that feature creative space themed names such as Solar System Sliders, Orbit Wings and Nautical Loaded Nachos. 

“I definitely think the new additions have added some consistency to the week which is nice,” Bar manager, Jacob Trojan, said. “A lot of the time, trying to get independent trucks can be very difficult, so the new trucks are great to have.”

The Flock opened for the season on April 12 and will remain open all summer and into early fall. They operate Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11a.m. – 10 p.m, Friday and Saturday from 11a.m. – 11p.m. and Sun. from 12p.m. – 6p.m.