• November 10Interact Club meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the Month
  • November 10Calliope meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday in the Library
  • November 10Anime Club meets every Tuesday and Thursday after school
The student news site of Alton High School

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Redbirds Reflect on Homecoming Dance

(From left to right) Seniors Julian Brady, Elek Steiner, Callie Mossman, and Marissa Lewis pose at the Homecoming dance. Photo by Sophie Doering

On the night of Saturday, Oct. 14, Alton High students and supervisors gathered in the gymnasium for a night of elegant fashion, energetic dancing and electrifying music. As students ease their focus back to educational life in the week after Homecoming events, looking back through pictures and memories, they reflect on their time at the dance. 

“My favorite part was the dancing,” senior Jane Shires said. 

“It was really nice seeing everyone socialize together,” junior Julia Craig said. 

Students walked into a world of neon colors and zebra print that complimented the 80s theme of the dance. With photo booths, Homecoming Court voting and a lively dance floor, there was no lack of activities. 

“I really liked the theme and the decorations. The energy was always really high, making the night really fun,” junior Emily Stafford said. 

Stafford went on to compliment the planning of the dance. “One thing that I would say is that I think it was very organized and well put together. I think that the people who helped deserve a lot of credit,” Stafford said. 

The dance was organized by the Alton High Student Council. The student-led organization managed the theme, decorations, activities and details of the event. Communicating and speech teacher, Kristi Doering, leads the Student Council, and consequently the planning for the dance. 

“We had some speed bumps but overall we were able to pull it off without any major emergencies. The setup is the most stressful part, the process is just very time consuming,” Doering said. 

The night ended with the presentation of the Homecoming Court and crowning of Homecoming king and queen. This year, senior winners were Elek Steiner and Callie Mossman. 

“I was super excited and surprised to hear my name called. It was a great experience,” Mossman said.

Alton High students are now returning to academic pursuits after the fun-filled week and Homecoming dance. From planning to decorations, to music and dancing, the night was enjoyed by over 1000 Redbirds.