• November 10Interact Club meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the Month
  • November 10Calliope meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday in the Library
  • November 10Anime Club meets every Tuesday and Thursday after school
The student news site of Alton High School

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Mystery Brews Onstage

A Mystery Brews Onstage

The Alton High School theater department is brewing with suspense with a caffeinated crime in a theatrical murder mystery. This winter play is called “Cafe Mocha Murders” by Deanna Srasse and it’s set in a coffee shop when all of a sudden the lights go out and someone winds up dead. The cast and crew are working hard to make the show the greatest it can be.

Marvin Short is playing Ian who is 20 years old who just recently got hired to the coffee shop and is learning new things. Marvin said to better play the part he’s going to “look into the script and focus on his pros and cons,” Short said. But the thing he’s looking forward to is just having a great time with his friends.

Mrs. Doering is the director of the Alton High School theater department. She chose the play ‘Cafe Mocha murders’ because she was searching for something lighter than the fall show, preferably a comedy. But she expects the actors to give 100% at all times, memorize their lines as soon as possible, and respect each other both off and on stage.

Everyone has high hopes for the show and wants it to be the best it can be. The director is working with the actors to help guide them to a better show. The actors are memorizing lines and making sure their act is perfected.

Mrs. Doering hopes “the audience will find things humorous and get some good laughs throughout the show,” Doering said. The play is taking place Feb. 22nd-24th at 7pm. in the Alton High School auditorium.