• November 10Interact Club meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the Month
  • November 10Calliope meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday in the Library
  • November 10Anime Club meets every Tuesday and Thursday after school
The student news site of Alton High School

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

The Daily Bird

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Choir Students Selected To Participate In District ILMEA

Recently, the music department took part in the ILMEA conference, which is a very prestigious music event. Students across the state prepare auditions to submit, and hope they are selected to be a part of the experience. Two individuals from the Alton High Choir were chosen to participate

Of all the submitted auditions, only the best are selected. This factor is what makes ILMEA stand out to music students. All music students are encouraged to audition, even if they don’t want to or are worried about not being selected to participate.

All-State is an event in which students go through a rigorous audition process to become selected from students across the state of Illinois to make it into a variety of ensembles.” Choir teacher Leah Galbraith said. “It spans three days and selected students get to participate in many rehearsals to prepare music for an incredible concert shared by the choir, band and orchestra.” 

Senior Rachel Ware and junior Nadja Kapetanovich were chosen to be a part of the ILMEA experience. 

The audition process wasn’t easy. “For our audition we had to sing 4 scales and 4 triads.” Rachel Ware said. “We also had to sing about a page of each of the chosen selections for the audition. Those included two All-State pieces and a District selection.”

The selected students were shocked and excited. “It was very shocking to find out that I made it into All-State because I did not expect it!” Nadja Kapetanovich said. Both individuals put in an incredible amount of hard work and effort, which clearly paid off. 

Rachel and Nadja will spend the rest of this semester working on their music. This will all be in preparation for the All State trip, which will take place in January.