Good Behavior Equals Yummy Treats for Students

Taylor Lawson

Two juniors, Brooklynn Lewis and Hannah Seymour, open their eggs to see what goodies they will find.

Taylor Lawson, Reporter

On Thursday, April 14, students who had no tardy referrals from March 12 to April 1 got to participate in the PBIS egg hunt that was taking place in the new auxiliary gym. Many students were excited to participate as it was the last day before spring break.

Assistant Principal, Dr. Dorothy Mosby, and the PBIS team, hosted both of the eggs hunts. The junior and senior egg hunt was during 3rd hour and started at 10:50 a.m. Most of the students that showed up for the egg hunt were juniors, as many of the seniors were taking that day as their traditional Skip Day. Within minutes, all the juniors were running into the gym scooping up all the eggs. Almost everyone got a chance to get an egg. 

The freshmen and sophomore egg hunt was during 6th hour at 2:50 p.m. There was a huge amount of kids that showed up for the egg hunt. Once they were all released to go inside the gym, all the eggs were gone within about two minutes. More kids just came flooding in, but by no surprise, all the eggs were already gone. 

There were three golden eggs hidden inside the gym for each group. Inside the golden eggs were candy and a piece of paper that said, “gift card” meaning that the student won a gift card. The other eggs that were hidden in the gym were just regular small eggs with either chocolate, Jolly Ranchers, or Laffy Taffy. Overall the students enjoyed the last-minute spring fun.

Juniors and Seniors run into the gym to get the eggs
Freshman and Sophomores flooding into the gym to collect the eggs