Models Leave Audience in Awe at FCCLA Fashion Show

Models+take+the+stage+wearing+their+best+fairy+tale+clothes+and+biggest+smiles.+

Models take the stage wearing their best fairy tale clothes and biggest smiles.

Bowie Chappee, Reporter

On Wednesday FCCLA  put on their annual Spring Fashion Show with the theme “A Walk Down Memory Lane.” 

The show started with an introduction from Mikey Collman, president of FCCLA, and a brief history of the show was given to the audience. The first fashion show began when a former student, Mahogany Ward, came to FCCLA sponsor Regina Birch with the idea of showcasing student talent and fashion styles. From there, the FCCLA Fashion Show was born. 

The first category to walk the stage was “Season for Changes” which featured fashion styles from students’ and alumni’s favorite seasons. Models walked the stage with their hair freshly curled and spirits high. 

Next up was the “Once Upon a Time” theme which featured music from Disney classics such as “The Little Mermaid” and “Moana.” Younger siblings and children of FCCLA members and alumni dressed in their most fairytale-like clothes during the runway walk. 

After the fairytale category, teachers and FCCLA members took the stage for the category “Dress for Success.” The category featured the favorite teachers of students who showed the audience how to dress for a successful future. Each teacher was paired with a student as they walked onto the stage. 

Just before the last category, Cathy Keller and Heather Chambers came up to speak to the audience about their experience with breast cancer. Chambers also spoke of her work as a navigator for those battling breast cancer. 

Following the speeches by Keller and Chambers, the final category “Be-YOU-tiful” took center stage as the models came out for one last walk. This category featured spinning dresses and gleaming crowns. 

Birch came out at the end of the show for the curtain call where it was announced that this fashion show was the last show Birch would oversee leaving many to wonder what the future of the fashion show will be. Despite this sad news, spirits quickly rose at the announcement of over $900 being donated to the FCCLA Relay for Life program. 

Each model took their final bow as the audience cheered from their seats. Though this was the final FCCLA fashion show, spirits seemed high from each model, announcer and member who helped bring the show to life.