Support ABOB At The Music Matter Dinner Auction

Jordan Linville, Reporter

The Alton Band & Orchestra Builders (ABOB) Music Matter Dinner Auction is Saturday, March 14, in The Hatheway Gallery on the campus of Lewis & Clark Community College.  The cost is $30.00 per person. The doors open at 5:30 p.m. for the silent auction. Dinner is at 7:00, followed by the live auction.  

Laura Plummer is the director of the ABOB. “The dinner auction is in its 17th year. We have a great variety of silent and live auction items. These include; extra tickets to the 2020 Alton H.S. Graduation Ceremony, two prime parking spots at Alton H.S. for 2020-21, Cardinals tickets, St. Louis Blues Goalie, Jordan Binnington’s, signed goalie mask (w/ COA), among other great items. There will also be a Wine Pull and a raffle for a Samsung 55-inch UHD TV,” said Plummer.

The Alton H.S. Festival Jazz Band, the Jazz Combo, and the Symphonic Orchestra Entertainment will be providing entertainment for the auction.   

About 40% of the students in our band and orchestra program, grades 4-12, use a school district instrument, and ABOB provides the funds to repair and maintain ALL of these instruments in the Alton School District. “ABOB also provides scholarships for private lessons and music camps, and funds the Alton M.S. orchestras, AMS Schumann, Alton H.S. Symphonic Orchestra, AMS & AHS Winterguard, and the Marching 100’s fees and travel expenses to competitions and festivals.  This year ABOB helped purchase a new drumline for the Marching 100,” said Plummer

It is events like our Dinner Auction, which supports our students and gives them many outstanding musical experiences throughout their time in the Alton School District music program.  

“For over 70 years, ABOB has supported our music program. We are extremely fortunate to have parents, administration, and a community who are passionate about making sure all students in the Alton School District have access to outstanding music education,” said Plummer.