ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 10, 2020

GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH, THIS IS AYDAN SCHROEDER AND RA’SHEIM FLOYD WITH YOUR WEEKEND WEATHER.

SATURDAY WILL BRING MORE RAIN AND COLDER TEMPERATURES. THE HIGH WILL BE 42. SATURDAY NIGHT WE MIGHT SEE SNOW SHOWERS WITH A LOW OF 24.

SUNDAY WILL BE PARTLY CLOUDY. THE HIGH WILL BE 41. SUNDAY NIGHT WILL BE CLOUDY WITH A LOW OF 30.

THANKS FOR WATCHING, THIS HAS BEEN
AYDAN SCHROEDER AND RA’SHEIM FLOYD WITH YOUR WEEKEND WEATHER.

GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH
I’M _____________ AND I’M ____________ AND HERE ARE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 10, 2020
TRIVIA QUESTION
WHAT IS THE SMALLEST STATE IN THE US?

We’ll give you the answer at the end of the announcements.

Congratulations to the AHS Sophomore Math Team.  They placeD 4th at the Excellence in Mathematics Competition held at  St. Louis Community College at Forest Park. The team consists of Elias Hill, Paige Ontis, Connor Mathus, and Savannah Scheffel

“If you would like to attend the Empowered 2B Me girl group with Mrs. Gray and Mrs. Wittman please sign up in Student Services. The group will begin on Jan 14th, 5th hour and will meet every other week.

GERMAN EXCHANGE STUDENTS
16 EXCHANGE STUDENTS WILL BE AT AHS FROM APRIL 15 TO MAY 1.  IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOSTING A STUDENT CONTACT MS. WIMP IN ROOM B150

Don’t know what you want to do with your life?  Participate in Saturday Scholars to get some ideas.  Saturday Scholars is a February Lecture series /field trip program which provide guest specialists on the following topics:

– “Medicines from Plants- A Nexus of Biodiversity”
– “St. Louis Aquarium at Union station with Optional Ferris Wheel Ride” 
– “Creative Process of a Cartoonist, Children’s Book Author…”
– “Next Generation Geospatial Intelligence”
If you have missed Saturday Scholars, please see Mrs. Laaker in B307 for the application. All forms and money are due on Friday, Jan. 10th.  Please turn in both to the book keeper or Mrs. Laaker in B307.  The program costs $50 and covers all lectures, field trips and a t-shirt.

There is going to be an open court for Boys Tennis at Principia College starting Tues. Jan. 14 from 6:45 – 8:15 pm. Sessions will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 
ATHLETIC EVENTS

THURSDAY 1/9
GIRLS VARSITY BASKETBALL

ATHLETIC EVENTS

FRIDAY 1/10
BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL

SAT TEST PREP WORD OF THE DAY
contrive
verb: to pull off a plan or scheme, usually through skill or trickery
Despite a low GPA, he contrived to get into college, going so far as to write his own glowing letters of recommendation.

TRIVIA QUESTION ANSWER
WHAT IS THE SMALLEST STATE IN THE US?

RHODE ISLAND

THANKS FOR WATCHING AND CHECK US OUT AT
thedailybird.org
And @ahsdailybird on twitter