ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY DECEMBER 13, 2019

GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH, THIS IS MATT DONAHUE AND EVAN TURK WITH YOUR WEEKEND WEATHER.

SATURDAY WILL BRING SHOWERS IN THE MORNING. THE HIGH WILL BE 38. SATURDAY NIGHT WILL BE PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A LOW OF 19.

SUNDAY WILL BE CLOUDY. THE HIGH WILL BE 31. SUNDAY NIGHT BRINGS A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS WITH A LOW OF 25.

THANKS FOR WATCHING, THIS HAS BEEN
MATT DONAHUE AND EVAN TURK WITH YOUR WEEKEND WEATHER.

GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH
I’M _____________ AND I’M ____________ AND HERE ARE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY DECEMBER 13, 2019
TRIVIA QUESTION
Which country won the first ever football world cup?

WE’LL GIVE YOU THE ANSWER AT THE END OF THE ANNOUNCEMENTS
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 18TH

1ST HOUR 8:45 TO 10:15
2ND HOUR 10:20 TO 11:50
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
THURSDAY DECEMBER 19TH

3RD HOUR 8:45 TO 10:15
4TH HOUR 10:20 TO 11:50
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
FRIDAY DECEMBER 20TH

5TH HOUR 8:45 TO 10:15
6TH HOUR 10:20 TO 11:50

GERMAN EXCHANGE STUDENTS
16 EXCHANGE STUDENTS WILL BE AT AHS FROM APRIL 15 TO MAY 1.  IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOSTING A STUDENT CONTACT MS. WIMP IN ROOM B150

Graphic Design Club will be selling Christmas sweatshirts, redbird earbuds with earbud cases, bags, and ornaments during all lunch periods starting Tuesday December 10 through Thursday December 12. All items are between $3-$5 and would make great gifts for friends and family. 

FROM THE LIBRARY
With the end of the first semester quickly approaching, please make sure to return any library books still checked out unless you have made other arrangements with library staff. This includes books checked out for 1st or 2nd quarter English class book completions, Communicating speeches, or reading for pleasure. The books need to be returned BEFORE you leave for Christmas break. Any books that are not returned will be considered overdue and will be charged a fine of 10 cents per day.
TEXTBOOKS
StudentS that are December grads need to make sure they turn in all textbooks to the library after their finals and before they leave. Any books not turned in will have the cost of the textbook added to their account.

Students that are taking a semester class need to turn in their textbook for that class after that final unless you are taking the other semester of that class second semester.

If you are not sure, stop by the library and we can check for you.

ATHLETIC EVENTS

THURSDAY DECEMBER 19TH GIRLS BASKETBALL @ 7:30

BOSSE SHOOTOUT FAN BUS
THERE WILL BE A CHARTER FAN BUS TO THE BOSSE SHOOTOUT IN EVANSVILLE, IN SATURDAY DECEMBER 21ST
BUS DEPARTS AT 10:30
COST $20…DOES NOT INCLUDE TICKET TO THE GAME AND CAN BE PURCHASED IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE
PRESALE ENDS DECEMBER 19TH

GAME TIME IS 3PM VS CASTLE HIGH
TEST PREP WORD OF THE DAY
carping
adjective: persistently petty and unjustified criticism
What seemed like incessant nagging and carping about my behavior from my mother turned out to be wise and useful advice that has served me well.
.

TRIVIA ANSWER

uruguay

THANKS FOR WATCHING AND CHECK US OUT AT
thedailybird.org
And @ahsdailybird on twitter