ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2019

IT’S THURSDAY NOVEMBER 21ST AND IT’S TIME FOR THE DAILY BIRD

IN TODAY’S EDITION…
GERMAN CLUB ADVENT CALENDARS AND EXCHANGE STUDENTS
THE BEGINNING OF GRILS BASKETBALL AND WRESTLING
LEWIS AND CLARK SCHOLARHIP OPPORTUNITY

GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH
I’M _____________ AND I’M ____________ AND HERE ARE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY NOVEMBER7, 2019

Attention Seniors
Baby Advertisements or Public Display of Affection Ads are due December 6, 2019 for the 2020 yearbook. Do not forget to get photographs and messages to us prior to that date. Pick up an order form in A119… you can email photographs, designs, and messages to [email protected] Please make checks or money orders payable to Alton High School.

Lewis and Clark College
Scholarship Applications for 2020-2021

Available Nov. 1 – Mar. 1

Students planning to enroll at L&C for the 2020-2021 academic year are encouraged to apply for scholarships. The deadline is March 1, 2020. Awards are announced in April. To complete an application, students should visit http://www.lc.edu/scholarships/ and click the Apply Now button. More than 100 scholarships valued at approximately $300,000 are available. Students of all ages, academic abilities and fields of study are welcome to apply.

For more info, contact Alex Ruiz at (618) 468-2011 or [email protected]

(If they’re a prospective student or previously took dual credit courses in high school and don’t know their Blazernet info, they can contact the [email protected]).
ADVENT CALENDARS
German Club is selling Advent calendars again this year. They are from Germany and contain German chocolate. If you would like to buy one, please contact a German Club member or see Frau Wimp in B150

The Interact and RRSK groups are hosting a Can Food Drive for the month of November.  We are asking that 1st hour teachers be willing to collect non-perishable food items in your classrooms.  The winning classroom that collects the most total number of items to donate will win a Donut breakfast in December.

Contest Runs now through November 22nd.  All items will be collected/counted on the 22nd by Interact/RRSK group members during 1st/2nd hours.  Winning class will be announced the following week.

COLLEGE VISITS
KANSAS STATE  WILL VISIT ON FRIDAY NOVEMBER 22ND @ 1:45
K-STATE IS LOCATED IN MANHATTAN, KANSAS AND HAS AN ENROLLMENT OF 22,000. THEY PARTICIPATE IN DIVISION I FOR ATHLETICS
COLLEGE VISITS
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA WILL VISIT ON TUESDAY DECEMBER 3RD @ 9:00
ALABAMA IS LOCATED IN TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA AND HAS AN ENROLLMENT OF 39,000. THEY PARTICIPATE IN DIVISION I FOR ATHLETICS
ATHLETIC EVENTS
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 22ND
GIRLS BASKETBALL ALTON LADY REDBIRD TIPOFF @ 6:00

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 23RD
BOYS VARSITY AND JV WRESTLING RED/GREY SCRIMMAGE @ 12:00
GIRLS BASKETBALL ALTON LADY REDBIRD TIPOFF @ 4:30

TEST PREP WORD OF THE DAY
amenable
adjective: easily persuaded
Even though she did not like the outdoors, Shirley was generally amenable and so her brother was able to persuade her to go camping.

THANKS FOR WATCHING AND CHECK US OUT AT
thedailybird.org
And @ahsdailybird on twitter