ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY OCTOBER 10, 2018

• GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH
  • HERE ARE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY OCTOBER 10, 2018
  • THE FALL PLAY, FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON IS TODAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OCTOBER 11-13 AT 7PM. TICKETS ARE $8 AND CAN BE PURCHASED AT THE DOOR. COME AND SEE THE CLASSIC BOOK COME TO LIFE
  • COLLEGE FAIR
  • “Interested in College?  Attend the Illinois Regional College Fair on Tuesday, October 23 at 6:00pm on the SIU-e campus.  Meet admissions representatives from over 100 in and out of state colleges and universities.  If you need transportation, please sign up in Guidance.  A bus will leave here at 5:30.“
  • A LIST OF PARTICIPANTS CAN BE FOUND HERE…
  • http://www.siue.edu/undergraduate/ircf/participants.shtml
  • McKendree University
  • On-site Admissions Day for McKendree University on Oct. 19th. Seniors here is your chance to meet one-on-one with a McKendree admission counselor and McKendree Vice President, Chris Hall.  Students must apply online by October 16th.   In order to be eligible for this On-Site event you must meet the following requirements:
  • 2.75 or higher GPA with a 1020 SAT or 20 ACT
  • Sign up in Guidance office!
  • FAFSA
  • “All college bound seniors are encouraged to complete FAFSA beginning October 1st.  The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is money from the federal government that helps you pay for college or career schools.  More than $150 billion in federal student aid is available through grants. work-study, and loans every year.  The sooner you apply the better your chances to receive grants.  Go to www.FAFSA.govto apply.
  • We will have FAFSA assistance during Parent/Teacher conferences on October 25th from 1-7pm in the Library Computer Lab.  Financial aid representatives from Lewis and Clark College will assist seniors and their families to complete the FAFSA.  Parents will need to bring 2017 federal tax information, social security numbers, birth dates and addresses.”
  • UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS
  • ILLINOIS COLLEGE FRIDAY OCTOBER 12TH
  • ILLILNOIS COLLEGE IS LOCATED IN JACKSONVILLE, ILLINOIS. IT HAS A STUDENT POPULATION OF 1000 AND COMPETES IN NCAA DIVISION 3
  • Legion Baseball
  • The Alton American Legion Post 126 Junior squad is conducting tryouts for the upcoming season.
  • Post 126 will host tryouts at the Alton High baseball field from 1-3 p.m. on Oct. 6 for players aged 14-17 with a birth year of 2002.
  • For more information please contact Chris Ford at (309) 241-7415.
  • CHEER TRYOUTS
  • AHS Competitive Cheerleading Tryout
  • Girls and BOYS are all Welcomed!
  • Monday, October 15th from 6-8:30pm at AHS Gym
  • Must have updated physical on file and passing 5/6 classes to be eligible.
  • Questions email head coach at [email protected]
  • Athletic EVENTS
  • FRIDAY
  • FOOTBALL VS GRANITE CITY @ 7:00
  • .
  • THANKS FOR WATCHING AND CHECK US OUT AT
  • thedailybird.org
  • And @ahsdailybird on twitter