• November 28The girls bowling team fell to Edwardsville, the lady redbirds were led by Alex Bergin and Ashley Westbrook who bowled a 604 and 601 series respectively

• November 28The hockey team defeated East Alton Wood River 6-3. The boys bowling team defeated Edwardsville 39-1, the redbirds were led by 604 and 587 series from Jared Cochran and Chris Duke respectively

• November 27This is just a friendly reminder that baby ads or public display of affection ads are due on or before December 7th, 2018. Please email Bridget Heck, yearbook advisor, at [email protected] if you have any concerns. Pick up baby ad form in room A119 or on the daily bird website

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY OCTOBER 4, 2018

Daily Announcements for Alton High School

• GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH
  • HERE ARE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY OCTOBER 4, 2018
  • Several items from HOCO were found or left in Coat Check and turned in to the Main Office,  Please stop in to claim your items.
  • McKendree University
  • On-site Admissions Day for McKendree University on Oct. 19th. Seniors here is your chance to meet one-on-one with a McKendree admission counselor and McKendree Vice President, Chris Hall.  Students must apply online by October 16th.   In order to be eligible for this On-Site event you must meet the following requirements:
  • 2.75 or higher GPA with a 1020 SAT or 20 ACT
  • Sign up in Guidance office!
  • FAFSA
  • “All college bound seniors are encouraged to complete FAFSA beginning October 1st.  The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is money from the federal government that helps you pay for college or career schools.  More than $150 billion in federal student aid is available through grants. work-study, and loans every year.  The sooner you apply the better your chances to receive grants.  Go to www.FAFSA.govto apply.
  • We will have FAFSA assistance during Parent/Teacher conferences on October 25th from 1-7pm in the Library Computer Lab.  Financial aid representatives from Lewis and Clark College will assist seniors and their families to complete the FAFSA.  Parents will need to bring 2017 federal tax information, social security numbers, birth dates and addresses.”
  • GERMAN EXCHANGE STUDENTS
  • There will be 18 German exchange students coming to Alton High School for three weeks from April 24 – May 10. They will be staying with families of Alton High School students. If you are interested in hosting one of them, please see Ms. Wimp in Room B150. Hosting a German exchange student is a wonderful way of making friends with someone from another country and learning about their culture. Many host families continue to keep in touch with their German exchange student for years afterwards. Students who host and also go on the trip to Germany, usually stay with the person they hosted. See Ms. Wimp in B150 if you are interested
  • UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS
  • GREENVILLE UNIVERSITY WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 10TH
  • BLACKBURN COLLEGE THURSDAY OCTOBER 11TH
  • ILLINOIS COLLEGE FRIDAY OCTOBER 12TH
  • GREENVILLE UNIVERSITY IS LOCATED IN GREENVILLE, ILLINOIS. IT HAS A STUDENT POPULATION OF 1,000 AND COMPETES IN NCAA DIVISION 3
  • BLACKBURN COLLEGE IS LOCATED IN CARLINVILLE, ILLINOIS. IT HAS A STUDENT POPULATION OF 600 AND COMPETES IN NCAA DIVISION 3
  • ILLILNOIS COLLEGE IS LOCATED IN JACKSONVILLE, ILLINOIS. IT HAS A STUDENT POPULATION OF 1000 AND COMPETES IN NCAA DIVISION 3
  • Legion Baseball
  • The Alton American Legion Post 126 Junior squad is conducting tryouts for the upcoming season.
  • Post 126 will host tryouts at the Alton High baseball field from 1-3 p.m. on Oct. 6 for players aged 14-17 with a birth year of 2002.
  • For more information please contact Chris Ford at (309) 241-7415.
  • Athletic Results
  • Girls Volleyball
  • Alton 2, Granite City 0 – The Redbirds halted a four-match losing streak by beating the Warriors 25-16, 25-20 in a nonconference clash in Granite City. Alton, which had lost six of its previous seven matches, goes to 8-11. Granite is 2-21.
  • Athletic Results
  • THE BOYS SOCCER TEAM BOUNCED BACK WITH A 4-1 CONFERENCE VICTORY OVER THE BELLEVILLE WEST MAROONS. THE VICTORY MOVES THE REDBIRDS RECORD TO 7-4-4 OVERALL AND 1-1-1 IN THE CONFERENCE
  • THANKS FOR WATCHING AND CHECK US OUT AT
  • thedailybird.org
  • And @ahsdailybird on twitter