ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY  OCTOBER 5, 2017

Daily Announcements for Alton High School

GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH HERE ARE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY  OCTOBER 5, 2017

IDS FOR GAMES

When you go to a game, be surer to wear your ids for a discount!

It is 2.00s with your id and 3.00s without it

Also if you are in the redbird nest you MUST have your NEST CARD AND their school id to get in for free

Paper Recycling

“Blue recycle bins will be back in room next week. These are for PAPER ONLY. Please only put paper, magazines, and newspapers. NO food containers or cardboard.”

EDUCATIONAL TALENT SEARCH

10th Grade ETS students will meet tomorrow (Thursday October 5, 2017) in Room A122 from 12:55 PM – 1:25 PM.

The Varsity Football team takes a 3-3 record in to Senior Night this Friday against the O’Fallon Panthers at Public School Stadium.  The Redbirds have victories over Quincy, Collinsville and Belleville East with the Panthers, Granite City Warriors and East St. Louis Flyers left to play.

On offense the Redbirds are lead by Running Back Darrell Smith who has 505 yards on 31 carries for a 16.3 per carry yard average.  He has also scored 7 touchdowns.  He has been named Athlete of the Week in both The Advantage and The St. Louis Post Dispatch.

On defense leading tacklers are Charles Miller (30 tackles) and Izeal Terrell (27).

Colin Lombardi has been solid in the the kicking game with 3 Field Goals and 17 Extra Points.

The Girls Golf team finished 3rd overall in the SouthWest Conference, their highest finish in quite some time.   Their record before the Edwardsville Gary Bair Tournament stood at 7-4. Last year the Lady Redbirds won only 5 matches.

The top golfers include Morgan Bemis, Jenna Fleming, Katie Castelli, Paige Wittman, Addison Gregory, and Alian Kottabi.  Morgan Bemis was named The Advantage Athlete of the Week for her effort against the Granite City Warriors.  Morgan shot a 36 to lead the Redbirds to a 177-191 victory over the Warriors.

The boys Varsity Golf Team completed their season on Tuesday finishing 8th at the Regional.

The JV boys golf finished the season with an 8-7 record which was highlighted by a Drew Robertson hole in one on #8 of the Olin Learning Center

Girls Varsity Volleyball is known for their hard work and dedication on and off season, and this year the work is paying off. So far, the Redbirds have had a winning season of 12-10- 2 and being 2-1 in the Southwestern Conference. But, it is still too early to call it a season, with many more games still to come.

Some top players are Sydney Schmidt (setter), Emily Stahl (setter and hitter), and

Gwen Hunter (hitter). With Schmidt’s sets, Stahl’s aces, and Hunter’s kills, the team is set up for success against any opponent at any time.

The boys varsity soccer team has a 10-2-4 coming off their recent 5-0 win against Jerseyville on senior night. The Redbirds have had many impressive victories this season over opponents like Bayless, who had been unbeaten in 2 seasons, Triad, and Althoff. With 4 games remaining before regionals, they hope to put up 4 wins to have some momentum going into regionals.

The Redbirds are led by their 3 captains. Two of which share a defensive partnership, senior Levi Davis, and senior Colin Lombardi. Sam Stutz a junior holds down the midfield as well as being a captain of the team. Joey Morrisey a junior forward leads the team in goals with 14 and fresh off his injury hopes to score even more

THANKS FOR WATCHING AND CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @ THE DAILYBIRD