ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 11, 2017

Daily Announcements for Alton High School

GOOD AFTERNOON ALTON HIGH HERE ARE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 11, 2017
This Day in History
In 1912, the Titanic left Queenstown Ireland for NY.

The first sports broadcast on the radio took place in 1921.

In 1970, the Beatles’ “Let It Be” single went to #1 on the charts.
Cont.
In 2012, The Avengers, starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner, premiered in Los Angeles.

Fossilized dinosaur eggs with embryos were discovered in China in 2013.

Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates, KISS, Nirvana, Linda Ronstadt, and Cat Stevens were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2014.
PROM 2K17
Attention Juniors and Seniors! Prom is May 13th from 7:30-11:30 at SIUE. This year’s theme is “Enchanted Forest”.
If you plan on bringing a date that is in the 10th grade or is not an AHS student, you must pick up a guest form in B205. These forms are DUE NO LATER THAN APRIL 13th. Signatures are required so plan ahead!!
Cont.
Prom tickets go on sale April 18th. Tickets are $35, CASH ONLY, and will be sold in The Commons during lunch hours. 50% of outstanding fees must be paid before you can purchase a ticket. If you owe $50 or less, you must pay off your balance. You will be required to present your receipt when you purchase a prom ticket. Also, seniors that have more than 20 discipline points will not be able to attend prom. Please check your points. There is an appeal process, but students must get the form as soon as possible because there are some requirements on the form.
The After Prom Party will be at Bowl Haven Lanes from 11:30pm-2:30am. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. Ticket price includes: t-shirt, food, prizes, bowling and games. Tickets will be sold Mondays and Fridays starting on April 21st.
From the Art Therapy Team
Every other Wednesday during the lunch hours, the art therapy team will have an art table in the High School cafeteria where students are invited to stop by to artistically respond to a #(hashtag).
The prompt for this week is
#AHS #Collective painting #Add your expression
Visit the Insta-Art table this Wednesday, April 12th, during your lunch hour, we’d love to see you! The activities are free of charge.
Les Miserables
Les Mis is April 27-30. It will be at 7pm on the 27th-29th. It will be at 2pm on the 30th.
The musical is about a prisoner’s life after he breaks parole, during the time of the French Revolution, and the people who are affected by him.
The performance is in the AHS Auditiorium.
Ticket prices are $20 for priority seating, $10 for adults, and $5 for students.
For tickets, call (314) 252-8579
General admission tickets are for sale before the performances
Doors open at 6:25 for Priority Seating tickets, at 6:30 for General Admission tickets.

From the Library
If you are participating in the Read for a Lifetime program sponsored by the library and have read the required number of books, please stop by the library before the end of the day tomorrow to complete the required participation form.
Scholarships and Further Education
Keep checking the AHS Guidance website for scholarship opportunities. Be sure to check the eligibility requirements and deadlines.
Any graduating senior who needs help with college plans and applications or filling out the FAFSA financial forms can stop by Guidance on Wednesdays or Thursdays. The College/Scholarship Center will be open until April 27th.

Juniors: If you need help looking for a college or further educational opportunities after high school, see Ms. Whitner or Mrs. Thornton in Guidance on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Color Guard Auditions
Would you like to be a part of the award winning Marching 100?
We will be having Color Guard auditions next week – April 18-21 from 3:45 – 6:30 in the AHS Multipurpose room. All those interested should attend. Wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes. Please see Ms. Cudney or Mr. James with any questions.
Save the Date
Alton Athletic Association 19th Annual Golf Tournament is May 12, 2017 at Spencer T Olin Golf Course
For any questions email: [email protected]

We would like to thank all of you AHS students for watching

Remember to follow us on twitter @ahsdailybird and check out our website at thedailybird.org for all your redbird information

And don’t forget to follow us on Snapchat @ahsdailybird